Aim Hire Texas Policy Coalition
Working alongside state lawmakers is critical to achieving our goals of growing workforce talent across Texas. That’s why we’ve formed the Aim Hire Texas Policy Coalition.
The Aim Hire Texas Policy Coalition is a nonpartisan statewide partnership of business and education organizations. The goal of our coalition for the 88th Texas Legislative Session is to improve the state's community college finance system to address workforce shortages, increase the wage-earning potential of Texans, and grow the state's GDP. See the members of our steering committee listed here.
For the past year, Aim Hire Texas Policy Coalition members have been monitoring the work of the Texas Commission on Community College Finance and making recommendations to this interim body for the purpose of strengthening Texas' workforce. Learn more about these important issues by reading the Commission's final draft recommendations and exploring our additional resources.
Our 2023 Policy Priorities for Community College Finance Reform:
1. Improve outcomes-based funding that incentivizes student success in the workforce.
2. Ensure all community colleges have the necessary funding to maintain instruction and operations.
3. Increase financial aid to reduce barriers of cost and accessibility for students.
4. Strengthen and incentivize partnerships among education institutions and industry.
5. Further educational equity by investing resources to support traditionally underserved Texans.
6. Enhance collaboration and cost-sharing among community colleges.
Sign Up for Action Alerts:
We need your support for community college finance reform in the 88th Texas Legislature to build a stronger Texas workforce and economy. By signing up for action alerts on the right hand side, you will receive regular updates, including opportunities to connect directly to your representatives to advocate for improvements to our state's higher education and workforce development systems.
Join Our Coalition:
If you lead an organization related to workforce and/or education in Texas and would like to join the coalition, email [email protected].